Tuesday, March 27, 2012

23 Weeks Today

It's been a little crazy around here for like the last week. I'll start with last Tuesday. I went into the doctors freaking out because I thought I was having contractions. Apparently I was but they were braxton hicks, ya no those annoying scary contractions that don't mean anything. Doctor also said I was probably dehydrated so I need to drink more water. She also checked my cervix, by using her fingers... gross... but it hurt like hell. Then after I was bleeding and cramping, so of course that was scary. But the only thing I got out of that appointment was some reassurance that I'm doing great and she prescribed me an amazing belly wrap to help support the beach ball on my front and give me back support. It feels great!

Friday we went to a cookout with some friends. It started off fun but then I started getting uncomfortable and the smoke from the bon fire was killing me. Otherwise a good time. Then Saturday we did a little shopping and I started working on party favors for the shower. Sunday we went to a friends baby's 1st birthday party. It was a good time, until I got uncomfortable again. I really can only last like an hour or two out of bed before I start feeling shitty. But it was fun, lots of preggos and lots of babies!

I had another doctor's appointment today with my OB. A little follow up from last week. But I've been feeling sick so I'm glad I had the appointment. She prescribed me yet another medication. Woohoo. Can't wait to be done taking so many pills. This new pill is to calm my bowels because they are irritated from being squished by our little rugrats. They just want to calm things down so it doesn't cause preterm labor. But they checked my cervix again and it all seemed fine. Still got told I need to drink more water... Its freaking impossible I swear. Before I got pregnant I usually drank like 2 or 3 drinks a day, now I have to drink closer to 10. It's hard, there's no room and my stomach has been a mess so again it's hard. Next week I see my high risk doctor. Then I travel to Ohio. Then as soon as I get back I have to see my OB. Which at that point I have to have my gestational diabetes test.

Next week at 24 weeks is viability of the babies. Meaning with a lot of medical help they can technically live outside the womb.

The husband got offered a new job. So he's getting out of the Marine Corps. We will be moving to Texas. I was planning on going right after my shower, but that can't happen as soon as I thought because I need to be here for my doctor appointments. Long story. But I can't leave yet. Bums me out majorly. But I'll explain more of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment