Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update about my High Risk Appt.

First of all my appointment was way better then my experience on Tuesday. I learned a lot and got a lot of useful information.

Babies are absolutely great, they look perfect in every way. So I'm a little more confident that this pregnancy should last till we have babies to bring home. The risk they have downs syndrome is pretty unlikely since the measurements were perfect. Again not that it matters but if they did have it, it would be good to know so we can plan and educate ourselves. But that's probably unlikely.

I get to see my high risk doctor once a month till the babies come out. At least for now, I'll probably see him more frequent once I get closer to delivery. He will continually check my cervix for any signs of preterm labor. I guess when you use icsi during IVF (they use a needle to implant a sperm into the egg to fertilize it) you have a higher chance of preterm birth. So I'm thankful for that because its something I'm extremely worried about. I mean who wants to carry babies for like 19 weeks just for them to not live because they decided to pop out early. I know I don't.

I have to see my gastro doctor for my chrons disease to make sure its in check because irritated intestines can cause contractions and preterm birth.

One thing that sort of makes me sad and feel bad is that I don't think we will be able to breastfeed. I can't go off my anxiety/panic medications because that can cause me to have panic attacks which obviously result in preterm birth as well. And I can't breastfeed if I'm on them. I was going to try wean off of them but the risk is too high. So I'm sad. I want to give my babies the best (breast milk) and I can't. Which means expensive formula it'll have to be.

His opinion about the hospital choice since Jacksonville's hospital is only level 2 nicu is just that he thinks I'll at least make it to 32 weeks so that way we could deliver at onlsow and everything will be fine. But since I see him frequently if he notices anything abnormal we'll already be in Wilmington so I can just be admitted there. So that makes me happy.

After today's ultrasound we are even more convinced that we are having a boy and girl. Baby B totally looked like a girl and the ultrasound tech kept calling her a girl and said she saw lady parts. No real comments on Baby A but the husband and I both think we saw penis! So I am going to be thrilled if it is a girl and boy!! We will no for sure at our next appointment February 16th! Maybe February 8th at my OB appointment but we will see!

Doctor also put me on more folic acid and extra iron. Just like I thought I needed but the regular OB acted like I was dumb. I swear I know more then they do half the time. He said I'm skin and bones and need to eat more minerals. Including different low mercury fishes and a lot of calcium. I haven't been able to drink much milk because it upsets my stomach but I'll try more yogurt and cheeses. I have been eating those a lot but I guess I need a lot. I love my high risk doctor, he is so thorough and explains everything.

Baby A

Baby B

Baby A heartbeat 160bpm

Baby B heartbeat 153

The technician was very impressed with the bridges of the babies noses. She kept saying they were beautiful :) I guess if you take Josh's huge nose and my smaller nose you get a perfect in-between nose! 
I guess that's it for my update. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but if I think of it I'll put in my next post. And hopefully I can get a belly pic in my next post, I'm just too lazy.

One thing I just remembered. Babies are measuring ahead. Surprisingly Baby B is bigger then A now! Measuring in around 13 weeks 5 days! Baby A was roughly 13 weeks 1 day/2 day. Usually he's ahead of the pack but not for now. We also determined baby B will be our problem child because she just does not cooperate during exams. Today she had her face squished into the placenta for half the ultrasound. And she's breech. But she constantly jumps around and moves. Baby A hopefully will be our laid back boy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment